Called by Name is an diocesan-wide campaign to identify men who could be called to be readers, subdeacons, deacons, and priests.
- Bishop François is asking all parishes to participate over two weekends.
- Parishioners are asked to submit the names of faithful men in their parishes.
- Parishioners can use the response cards provided to write down names, or scan the QR code on the response cards to submit names online.
- The Vocations Team will follow up directly with these men and as appropriate, and invite them to discern more deeply.
December 30: Parishes receive Called by Name box
- This box will include response cards for the in-pew appeal
- Also includes homily ideas and sample announcements.
January 7: Announcement Weekend
- Include Bishop François’s letter in bulletin & post on social media
- Read announcement provided at all Divine Liturgies
- Prepare volunteers to hand out response cards the following weekend
January 14: Called by Name Sunday
- Make cards available at all Divine Liturgies
- Read announcement at all Divine Liturgies
- Preach on vocations and share your vocation story
- Ask parishioners to submit names using cards or online form
Return Response Cards
Parishes – please mail back Called by Name response cards to our partners at Vianney Vocations, who are helping with the campaign:
3425 Bannerman Rd., Suite 105
Tallahassee, FL 32312