BACK IN STOCK!
This beautiful prayer book, designed for personal use, contains over 600 pages of the traditional prayers of the Eastern Churches offered by generations of Christians — spiritual publicans — who heeded the Lord's call to repent and “seek, first, the Kingdom of God” (Mt 6:33).
This treasury of prayer includes:
- the traditional Morning Prayers and Prayers Before Sleep
- prayers for use throughout the day
- and prayers for various needs, such as: prayers for the dead, for the sick, for married couples, for travelers, for deliverance from addiction, for the clergy, for purity, for healing from cancer, for aborted children, and many others
- Prayers of preparation/thanksgiving for Holy Communion and Confession
- Calendar of Saints and Feasts, with troparia, for every day of the year
- Nine Canons and Akathists, including the Paschal Canon, the Great Canon of St. Andrew of Crete, the Akathist to the Mother of God, and the Paraklesis service
- The Wisdom of the East: selected writings of the Church Fathers on prayer and related topics;
- and spiritual guidance for living always in the presence of God
- Glossary of terms and bibliography of selected texts on Eastern Christian spirituality
- Handy insert for Society of Publicans with calendar for praying for all the churches of our Eparchy
The Publicans Prayer Book is a valuable help for Eastern Christians who seek to sanctify their daily lives by responding to the Lord's call to “pray at all times” (Lk 21:34). It also makes an especially meaningful gift for anyone who loves the Lord on occasions such as: graduation, holidays, names day, birthday, first confession, anniversary, etc.
We are all spiritual publicans!
Richly leather-bound with gold embossing, sewn binding, fine quality paper, gilt edges, silk ribbons, two_color printing throughout, in a practical 5x7 size, with lovely reproductions of woodcuts from antique Byzantine liturgical books.